Sunday, July 15, 2012

First Meal

My two passions that I have started to share - the one for style and fashion (wehuntstyle.blogspot.com) and the other for food. Not just food. What I like the most is preparing, creating and making. I now end my short introduction and let the food talk for itself. 

I will start off with breakfast - first post, first meal.
Further on You will see what I came up with. I take many recipes from very well known cooks and chefs, from internet and from magazines and apply them to myself. Sometimes it happens that I make something myself and it actually turns out not that bad :)

So here's what I have for You now...

 One cup pancakes 
... that I borrowed from Jamie Oliver and his amazing recipes.
 They are as simple as they sound.

First You'll need:
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
25g butter
Sugar
Salt

Start mixing!

Take a bowl and mix flour, milk and egg together. Mix it well :) Then mix in just a pinch of salt and about a half tea spoon of sugar.
Melt the butter in a pan and You're ready to go! Take a spoon-full of dough and pour into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they get slightly brown. Make sure to cook them long enough but not for too long. You don't want them raw :) Take them out and You're ready to serve.

What I do sometimes is whip egg whites separately from the egg yolk. I mix in some sugar very slowly into the egg whites while I'm whipping them. Then I whip the egg yolk in another bowl until it is almost white.After that I just mix everything together as normally.

I like them with yoghurt that you can also make yourself or any other topping. This time I had them with toffee syrup and orange juice.

They are perfect for strong Saturday breakfast.
Enjoy xxx

1 comment:

  1. Good start :) Congratulations.

    I love pancakes. In poland we have something more like french crepes, but I love both versions.

    ReplyDelete